There was a time when I thought growing up meant becoming stronger. I thought I would slowly learn how to handle everything, how to stop caring about what people say, how to stop getting hurt, and how to keep moving no matter what happens. But I was wrong. Sometimes growing up doesn’t make you stronger in the way you imagined. Sometimes, it simply teaches you which parts of yourself you can no longer carry. There was an older version of me who trusted people easily. He believed that if he cared enough, others would care the same way. He believed that if he stayed honest, people would always be honest with him. He gave second chances even when the first one had already hurt. I don’t hate that version of me. Actually, I miss him sometimes. He was softer. He laughed more easily. He believed in people without asking too many questions. He didn’t think twice before giving someone a piece of his heart. Then life happened. Some people left. Some stayed, but changed. Some me...
I don’t remember the exact moment when I decided that I wanted to become a writer. Maybe it happened much earlier than I realized. I have always had thoughts that stayed in my head for too long. Little moments, strange ideas, questions about people, memories, and the things we sometimes feel but never say out loud. Sometimes, I would imagine a different ending to a situation. Sometimes, I would create a whole story in my mind from just one small thought. And slowly, I started writing those thoughts down. Writing became more than just putting words on a page. It became a quiet place for me. A place where I could say things that were difficult to say in real life. A place where emotions could become characters, memories could become scenes, and simple thoughts could turn into entire worlds. I think that’s what I love most about stories. A story can make you feel close to someone you’ve never met. It can remind you of something you thought you had forgotten. And sometimes, a...
September 23, 2026 We all make plans. Some are simple. We plan what we want to do tomorrow, where we want to be next year, or what kind of person we want to become. Some plans are much bigger. We imagine our future, our dreams, our relationships, our work, and all the things we hope will happen along the way. For a while, everything can feel clear. We know where we are going. Then, sometimes, life changes the direction without asking us. A plan we believed in suddenly stops working. A dream takes longer than expected. Someone we thought would stay becomes a stranger. An opportunity disappears. Something we worked hard for doesn’t happen. And suddenly, we are standing somewhere we never planned to be. It can be difficult to accept. We often think that if we work hard enough, everything should happen the way we imagined it. So when it doesn’t, we naturally start questioning ourselves. Was I not good enough? Did I make the wrong choice? Should I have tried harder? Maybe you have ask...
Comments
Post a Comment