Why I Started Writing Stories

 I don’t remember the exact moment when I decided that I wanted to become a writer.

Maybe it happened much earlier than I realized.

I have always had thoughts that stayed in my head for too long. Little moments, strange ideas, questions about people, memories, and the things we sometimes feel but never say out loud.

Sometimes, I would imagine a different ending to a situation. Sometimes, I would create a whole story in my mind from just one small thought.

And slowly, I started writing those thoughts down.

Writing became more than just putting words on a page. It became a quiet place for me.

A place where I could say things that were difficult to say in real life. A place where emotions could become characters, memories could become scenes, and simple thoughts could turn into entire worlds.

I think that’s what I love most about stories.

A story can make you feel close to someone you’ve never met. It can remind you of something you thought you had forgotten. And sometimes, a few words from a fictional character can touch a real part of your heart.

That is the kind of connection I hope to create through my writing.

Sourav13 Stories is my small beginning.

My first book, THE LAST MEMORY, is a very special part of that beginning. It isn’t just a book that I wrote. It carries a lot of my time, thoughts, imagination, and emotions.

Putting your own story into the hands of strangers is a strange feeling.

You spend so much time with the characters and the world inside your head, and then one day, you have to let them go and allow someone else to experience them.

I don’t know what every reader will feel when they read my stories.

But I hope they feel something.

Maybe they will smile.

Maybe they will think about a character long after closing the book.

Maybe a certain line will remind them of someone.

Or maybe, for a few minutes, the story will simply give them a place to escape from their own world.

If that happens, even with just one reader, I will feel that all those hours of writing were worth it.

This is only the beginning of my journey.

And if you’re here reading this, thank you for being a small part of it.


Welcome to Sourav13 Stories.

— Sourav13




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Version of Me I Had to Leave Behind

When Life Doesn’t Go According to Plan